Sunday, September 29, 2019

27 Years

27 years

It gets harder to find new words to describe our old relationship, yet it never gets hard to figure out why I still have a relationship with you. You've meant everything to me. You are in my thoughts and dreams when I'm not near you and I love to keep you in my sight when we are together. We've gone from being kids to having kids. It seems mind boggling to me that you were 15 when we started dating and now 27 years later, we have a 15-year-old son. But regardless of whether I can find the right words or, in some cases, any words at all to tell you how much I love you, you need to understand that I do love you. I loved you then, I love you now and I'll continue loving you far, far into the future. As I look back over some of these posts, the specific memories of those years will flash through my mind and it's like watching the best movie scenes over and over again. And that's how I'll always feel about us...like we're in our movie and as long as I follow the advice of Williams, Ascher, and Henson we can keep writing our own ending. We can keep believing and keep pretending and we will set out to do just what we intended to do...love each other forever and always.

27 years of more than 850 billion seconds of stolen glances.
27 years with more than 15 years watching our family's love grow.
27 years of holding hands in public watching people stare.
27 years of reflecting back while looking forward to what else is ahead of us.
27 years and though people just accept that you are still with me, they still ask...why?!?
27 years and no matter what gets thrown our way, we know we'll be in it together.
27 years of random decision generation knowing that the one definite yes changed everything else.
27 years and we've outlasted so many fads, it's hard to research them all.
27 years and we've experienced every emotion possible and then some.
27 years and you're as beautiful to me now as you were then and as you always have been.
27 years and I've discussed almost every topic of our lives in one of these and yet we still seem to discover new things about each other.
27 years and though we still feel like we fake being adults most days, I think we've carved out a pretty good life for our little family unit.
27 years with a love that exponentially expands until infinity still doesn't seem long enough to have you by my side.
27 years and we still love to do things now that we did back then yet have no issues trying new things together.
27 years and we've found our way to love each other. It isn't like anyone else's and yet it will last us through the rest of our days and beyond.
27 years of dinners alone, dinners with family, dinners with friends, and looking across the table from you still seems like that first time almost three decades ago.
27 years and that random chain of events leading to a Friday night date is probably the best example of fate I'll ever see.
27 years and we can easily find each other in a crowd (and not just by the sound of keys).
27 years of going from a duet, to a trio, to a quartet, to a quintet and then adding pets on top of that craziness.
27 years and no matter what language you translate it into you, our passage of time speaks of love.
27 years passing through high school, college, grad school, adulting, and now we're back to high school and thinking of college again.
27 years and as we found out in our recent scrunchy "discussion" everything old is new again and again and again.
27 years and though I've used the fact that you amaze me before, there's just no easier way to describe that breath taking feeling of seeing you dressed up to go out with me.
27 years and we're closer in age to 50 than we'd like to admit, but still acting like teenagers in terms of our love.
27 years is the passage of time for the Loser's club to reunite, but we'll continue to stay together and remember our love without the crazy clown.
27 years and a hug from you still brightens and highlights my day.
27 years and I'd instantly do it all again with you.

So, to 27 years and beyond honey. I love you now and I’ll love you more tomorrow.

“When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love. And, after all this time, you’re still the one I love.”

“When I look back I will recall, moment for moment, this was the moment. The greatest moment of them all.”

"Between now and then til I see you again, I'll be loving you. Love, me."

No comments: