Monday, September 29, 2014

22 Years

Another revolution around the sun and now we sit at 22 years.

22 years and each year this list gets longer as our love deepens
22 years and we're still discovering and learning and falling in love a little more each day
22 years and our love would absolutely earn a four chair turn on the voice
22 years and we give our children the opportunity to say ewww to our kissing every day
22 years and we're still inventing ways to say I love you
22 years and we've outlasted most of the musical acts we loved when we were first dating
22 years and it's hard to go more than a few hours without seeing you or talking to you
22 years and we have shorthand for our shorthand
22 years and I still enjoy telling our story most of all
22 years of you being you
22 years of me being me
22 years and the miracle of us being us
22 years and not feeling that we're any older than that first year
22 years and each hug, kiss, and touch still gives me that electric charge that the first hug, kiss, and touch gave me
22 years of staying up late and having you fall asleep in my arms
22 years of listening to you breath at night and realizing, I have trouble sleeping without it and more importantly you
22 years of craziness, silliness, and absolute love
22 years of feeling like we just fell in love all over again and again and again
22 years and we're just starting down the path of band lessons, parent teacher conferences, and apparently common core mathematics
22 years and I'm so greedy I'm looking forward to multiples of 22 more
22 years and I love you even more than I thought possible that first week and every one of the 1,100+ weeks since
22 years and I'm going to retire this tradition to start a new one for the next 22 years

I love you now and I'll love you always.

Love, me

Between now and then til I see you again, I'll be loving you. Love, me

No comments: