Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sweepin Up The Competition

That's right I said Sweep. 4 games for the Penguins to 0 games for the Ottawa Senators. I picked the right outcome, but I was off on the number of games. I thought Ottawa would put up a little bit of a fight. I guess I was wrong. Unless I miscalculated tonight's game, Ottawa held the lead less than 5 minutes in the entire series. (For perspective, 4 games would total 4 hours). Granted, there are times when no one is playing with the lead, but for comparison, the Pens led during the series for well over 2 hours. The 3 stars for the game tonight included Martin Gerber, who, in my opinion, was the only Ottawa player who bothered to show up for the series. Most of the games could have easily been a lot more lopsided if not for him. The series in the West are mostly going my way, although I'm horrible about picking the number of games. I'd still like to see Nashville and Calgary pull it out, but who knows. The games in the East aren't quite as nice to me. Washington hasn't bothered to show up for the last two games. I guess Ovechkin's back isn't as broad as people had hoped. So, if Philly manages to close them out, they'll face Montreal, who has Boston on the ropes. That leaves us with the winner of Devils/Rangers, which right now looks more and more like Rangers. I'm not looking forward to facing Lundquist. But for now, I'll just enjoy the sweep. And, I'm going to game 1 of the second round, dammit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.